VirginiaCAN Logo Design Contest
***Expanded Opportunity and Extended Deadline***
High school seniors and college students are now allowed to participate in the VirginiaCAN logo contest. Please see the updated information and extended deadline below.
We need your help! VirginiaCAN is holding a logo design contest. Our current logo was established 10+ years ago and we need a fresh, new look.
If you or someone you know has a flair for graphic design, we'd love to see ideas for our new logo. Virginia college access professionals, high school seniors and college students are encouraged to participate.
Our mission: To support and enhance postsecondary education access and attainment for residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia. We are "Virginia's Voice for Access."
The requirements for the new logo are:
- Must be simple and speak to VirginiaCAN's mission. Learn more about VirginiaCAN here.
- Must incorporate a graphic element.
- Must use the word VirginiaCAN.
- Winner must agree that the new logo will become the sole property of VirginiaCAN. As such, VirginiaCAN reserves the right to enhance and/or alter original artwork if selected.
- Design should be submitted in JPEG format for contest review.
- Must be submitted no later than June 1, 2018 to VirginiaCAN at firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be notified on/around June 15, 2018.
High School Senior/College Student Prize (if selected):
- $500 Scholarship!
- Scholarship must be used during the 2018-19 academic year.
- Winner will be required to submit documentation to verify enrollment.
- Funds will be sent directly to the winner's institution of higher education to be used toward educational expenses posted on the student's account.
Virginia College Access Professional Prize (if selected):
- Complimentary registration plus 2 nights hotel stay for the 2018 VirginiaCAN conference! Scheduled for December 5-7 at the Hilton Main, Norfolk.
- Prize is transferable to another designated colleague/partner in the same organization.
- Winner must register for the conference by the early bird deadline (TBD).
- Hotel charges (room and taxes only) will be direct billed to VirginiaCAN.